Friday, December 4th, 2009

Tonight during our evening hours (10 p.m. to 1 am) I am hoping to meet with a few clients to give them a hand with photoshop. They were a no show last weekend, but hopefully they show up tonight.
I also spend time each day working in our fundraising store as well. Usually a few people stop by each day.

1:00-4:00 I worked on the final cut of the video. I also attempted to upload it to youtube as well as vimeo, but due to the volatile nature of our internet connection it refused to cooperate. I guess I will just upload from home

I also read up on my photoshop tutorial in case the guys show up this evening. Hopefully they will. I also discovered I have a number of older computers in the basement that I might take a part and teach some basic computer hardware tutorials in the coming weeks.

Hopefully I'll embed the video here later tonight.

So, the centre where I work is also involved in a contest through the Aviva Community Fund. They are giving away money to community based projects. Joe's Place has entered to win 50k to help install a kitchen. Each week they serve food to a couple of hundred youth overall. A kitchen would help expand the current programs, as well make life easier for volunteers and staff.

Tonight I'm running our cap computers as a voting station (other uses are allowed of course) as the contest is vote based. In the first round Joe's Place placed in 2nd out of hundreds of groups earning a spot in the semi finals. Now, in the semi's the top 25(out of 62) make it to the final judging stage.

It's been interesting to see the community get involved, especially in the first round.

My guys for photoshop were no shows again.

Tomorrow I am hoping to get in touch with the Seniors group to see if I can help out in any way there.



...to be continued...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment